Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well, the shopping mall across the street from where I live is packed. People are running helter skelter trying to get those last minute gifts for family, friends, and spouses. I feel good only having to bake bran muffins for brunch tomorrow, picking up four bottles of sparkling cider for dinner, and relaxing this afternoon while watching the sky get grayer and grayer. I wanted to skate tonight, but I couldn't convince anyone to join me. I still might get up and make it to the rink before it closes this evening. If not tonight, there are plenty of winter days to skate and be in the cold.

I decided to start off the New Year right by signing up for a yoga class on New Year's day. This means that I will not be out late on New Year's eve gallivanting around and trying to sip champagne. Rather, I'll be in early, probably reading a book, and sipping sparkling cider to bring in the New Year.

Have a Merry Christmas tomorrow. Hold your loved ones tight, look them in the eyes, and remember to tell them how much you love them as everyone tears off the wrapping paper and stuff their bellies.

2 comments:

E. said...

Yesterday was tranquil, genuine, very small and sincere.

I was happy with that.


Now, I have a dilemma that mirrors your skating issue.

Who gonna celebrate with me on the first day of Kwanzaa?

Nooooooooooooooooobodyyyyyy. lol.

M.L. Simms said...

E, you have yourself. There is a group of single people in my neighborhood, we tend to get together for holidays to eliminate these dilemmas. While I couldn't get anyone to skate with me Christmas eve, I was fortunate to go to a lovely brunch at one friend's home and dinner at another friend's home on Christmas Day.